Wednesday 13 May 2009

Manchester commission

Another one from a couple of weeks back now.

After staying at our house for a 'girly night in' with my wife Emma (plus me!), our lovely friend Emily had spotted a framed print hung on my office wall of some of Paris's most recognisable architecture that I shot whilst on a weekend break with Emma a couple of years ago.


Emily decided that her flat in the uber trendy Northern Quarter in Manchester needed something to finish it off and so commissioned me to shoot the 'real' Manchester. No new building, no Beetham Tower, no Urbis, no Printworks, no Old Trafford (even though I tried to convince her otherwise!) but a series of really gritty, genuine shots of our fine city.

So I waited for a suitably overcast day (I didn't have to wait long!) so that there was a nice moody sky to shoot against and spent the day walking the streets and looking for something different.













Emily's just chosen the prints she wants and has ended up choosing THREE frames as she liked them so much.

These are the layouts she went for.






Once I get the frames done and hung in Emily's flat, I'll get some shots of them in situ as I know they're going to look so good that I'll need to share them with you!

No comments: