Thursday 7 May 2009

SWPP - Bronze monthly prizes!

As a member of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers, entering their monthly image competition is something that is helping me to focus on producing consistently excellent and original work.

When I shoot weddings, I always strive to do something different for each new couple. I can't think of anything worse than having a catalogue of the same shots that I do at every single wedding. Where's the originality and excitement in that?

This month, I entered a handful of shots and am delighted that they've each been awarded 'bronze'.

This portrait is AJ - she was part of the lovely Ferguson family who I shot at the end of last year up in Scotland. Although the majority of the shots were of the entire family, AJ asked if I'd do her a couple of individual shots she could use for work. Of course I was more than happy to do that and ended up with a really cool, contemporary portrait to enter into the awards! This was entered into the 'Traditional Portrait' category.


This is my entry in the 'Wedding Photojournalism' category for April. This is a reportage shot from Zoe and Ged's wedding in November last year. They'd just stepped onto the altar for their final blessing and I really liked the composure of this shot from where I was stood - hidden away behind a pillar in the church!


This is the absolutely lovely Hannah and Kev who got married in Sheffield last year. This was entered in the 'Contemporary Wedding' category. Their venue, Kenwood Hall, was really impressive with beautiful grounds. After the ceremony we just went for a little wander around the gardens and ended up in front of the house where we got this great shot!


I'll be entering work into the monthly competition every month and will be keeping you updated with how I get on!

1 comment:

Flower Design Events said...

How clever are you??? love'n the pictures